Photo
- - - - -

Colston or Stills this weekend vs. the Niners?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Pro Bowl

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

So I've had Kenny Stills on my roster pretty much all season (kept him on the bench till he finally showed up vs. New England).  Only recently did I manage to acquire Colston....after the guy who owned him got frustrated with multiple weeks of poor stats or injuries, and cut him in favor of another player. 

I had Colston on the bench for the Cowboys game....and had Stills in my starting lineup.  Turns out, it wasn't a huge difference.  Both had nice receiving yardage, and a TD.  I'm also well aware that the chances of BOTH guys duplicating those stats again in conscecutive weeks are slim.

Colston's the kinda guy who gives you those steady 6 or 7 catches a game.....sometimes scores, sometimes doesn't.....but usually gets you decent points off his yardage.   Stills is more of a gamebreaker, who on an off-day will give you 2 catches for 25 yards......and on an on-day will give you 4 catches for 100-plus yards and a score (or 2).

Production-wise, Stills is sorta like this mixture of Devery Henderson and Lance Moore.  By that I mean, if they have a big game, usually it comes in the SuperDome.  This game is in the Dome, but is also against a stout defensive unit.

Which way should I lean?

Edited by BlackHoleSlam, 14 November 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#2 WhoDat205

WhoDat205

Sorry Marty!

• Site Supporter
  • 9,735 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Week 1 - Nelson and Cobb both broke a hunny on SF (KS)

Week 2 - SEA only completed 8 passes (N/A)

Week 3 - Heyward-Bey and Wayne both broke a hunny (KS)

Week 4 - Rams suck, but Austin Pettis was the best (KS)

Week 5 - Owen Daniels (MC)

Week 6 - Fitzy broke a hunny (KS) - Although, Fitzy leading AZ in recs is not a surprise)

Week 7 - Kendall Wright had 98 yards, CJ2YPC and Nate Washington also had big days (KS)

Week 8 - Cecil Shorts (MC, I guess, I don't pretend to watch JAX games)

Week 10 - Steve Smith (KS)

Just going off the body of work against SF this season, I'm saying start Stills.

Although Colston had 9 for 136 and a TD in that 2011 playoff game and 4/36 with a TD last season.

"It doesn't matter if we finesse-ively kick their asses," - Bobby McCray

----

I blame execution.

#3 BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Pro Bowl

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the analysis.   I think I'm just gonna ride the hot hand and leave Stills in there.  He has scored in 3 out

of the last 4 games.............2 of which were in the SuperDome. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users