Photo
- - - - -

Gregg Williams: Douche Bag (Rats Out Vilma)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WhoDat

WhoDat

Nilla Esquire

• 15,151 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

According to reports on ESPN and elsewhere, Gregg Williams gave the NFL a sworn affidavit saying that Vilma placed at $10,000 bounty on Farve's head.

Vilma claims to have 9 affidavits that contradict that.

So, do you believe the players are rallying around a compatriot, and Vilma is really guilty? Or did Williams sell out Vilma to try to win favor with Goodell, courthouse snitch style?

My money is on Williams turning tricks for money. Douche bag.
"If you can't control the monkeys, what can you do?" -- Delhi High Court

#2 Trm3

Trm3

That's what she said!

• Members
  • 4,150 posts
  • Interests:Saints, Bulls, SF Giants, UNC, Blackhawks and Jeff Gordon.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

My thinking was Williams was throwing someone else under the bus with him, but Vilma's saying Williams was bullied into it. I don't know??

Vilma wouldn't file all these lawsuits if he knew he did something like this, at least I know I wouldn't if I knew I was guilty.

#3 BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Pro Bowl

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

You know what some of this reminds me of?

I watched a Lifetime movie one time (shut up), and it was about some big craze in the '80s where a bunch of kids were basically
coerced into saying their parents or daycare workers had been "inappropriate" with them Some of you probably remember it, but I was a kid myself back then and didn't hear about it till years later. Basically it got to the point where the people questioning them were "you can leave once you tell us about how your parents did...etc".........finally the kids are all "yeah sure my parents did that.......do i get to go back home now?"

#4 WhoDat205

WhoDat205

Sorry Marty!

• Site Supporter
  • 9,735 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Ok, does no one remember the Mike Triplett story from a few months back where a source inside the Saints organization said that Vilma was given $5K in cash before the Cardinals playoff game in 2009 to waive around as a motivational ploy? And how that worked so well that they literally doubled down on it for the NFCCG?
"It doesn't matter if we finesse-ively kick their asses," - Bobby McCray

----

I blame execution.

#5 BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Pro Bowl

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I remember something to that effect.

#6 WhoDat205

WhoDat205

Sorry Marty!

• Site Supporter
  • 9,735 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

I remember something to that effect.

So it is likely that Gregg Williams did not lie in his statement, right? And unnamed source inside the organization corroborated it. At the time we all took that as a good thing, it was a phony, gimmicky bounty-like gesture.

It also doesn't mean that Williams is telling the whole truth. I'm not trying to walk this dog too far down the street, but it's something that has popped in my mind several times over the course of this debacle.

Also, now reports are coming out that Ginsberg subpoenaed (<-what a weird word) Cerullo and Williams. So I need our legal man to explain that to me, please. I thought courts issued subpoenas and that they were compulsory. So do Cerullo and Williams have to show up in court now?

----

I blame execution.

#7 WhoDat205

WhoDat205

Sorry Marty!

• Site Supporter
  • 9,735 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

Here's Triplett's response:

Long answer. reply in a sec ...: RT @WhoDat205: Didn't you quote source who corroborated the showy cash bounties on Favre and Warner?

Multiple sources have confirmed in past that #Saints Vilma did offer some form of bounty on Favre. But mostly described it as "prop" or ...

... "motivational tactic." Not strong enough to convict or prove #SaintsVilma's intent to me. But doesn't mean its complete fiction.

----

I blame execution.

#8 WhoDat

WhoDat

Nilla Esquire

• 15,151 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

They don't have to show up in court necessarily. There are multiple types of subpoenas. These subpoenas may simply be seeking documents or responses to written questions. The witnesses may be required to testify at a deposition or in some proceeding (in court, arbitration, or otherwise).

I don't think Williams is being dishonest per se, it's more an issue of what he said. I guess I object to the word "bounty." There's a big difference between:

1) Vilma offered up a $10,000 bounty for Favre's head

AND

2) Vilma had a $10,000 stack of cash that he used as a motivational tool to encourage defensive players to get after the quarterback in that game.
"If you can't control the monkeys, what can you do?" -- Delhi High Court

#9 WhoDat205

WhoDat205

Sorry Marty!

• Site Supporter
  • 9,735 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

http://sportsillustr...rtsIllustrated/

This is my thing:

It's obvious that whatever the Saints did, it was not as bad as Goodell painted it to be. He's obviously being obtuse. But in dealing with the cluster fuck that is the ref situation, and the simmering labor issue with the double secret salary cap, the NFL has plenty on its plate right now. And I haven't even mentioned the concussions issue. The last thing the NFL needs right now are these well publicized legal battles with the players. It proves that his power isn't as iron-clad as he would have us believe, and it emboldens future players to fight these issues more vociferously.

The Williams statement makes him look reckless regardless of its content. The simple fact that he got that signed a couple days ago tells the world that he's filling in the blanks as he goes. It also tells the same to the refs union, the PA, and the legal teams of the retired players.

After doing a decent job of repping the owners in the CBA talks, he has cashed in a lot of goodwill this year.

----

I blame execution.

#10 BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Pro Bowl

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Sometimes in life things happen that sort of let you know that you aren't cut out for something.

Examples:

-If you max out at 5'6'', that's probably a way of saying you weren't put on this earth to be an NBA Center.

-If you end up on injured reserve nearly every season (Bob Sanders), then you probably weren't meant to have a 15 year NFL Career.

But more importantly:

-When in just the last year, you've had more issues pop up than Paul Tagliabue probably ever had in his entire tenure, maybe you aren't cut out to be an NFL Commissioner.

#11 HM

HM

DEFENSE RULES!!!

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Look for Gregg Williams to be back in the league real soon.
Posted Image
Winning is an Attitude!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users