Photo
- - - - -

Is Jeff George an Idiot or what?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 saintnation27

saintnation27

Did you see me lay down the law! I am the LAWGIVER!

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

Jeff George-QB-Raiders Mar. 27 - 2:55 pm et

Free agent Jeff George says if he was on the Vikings, he "guarantee(s) (he) would be wearing a ring right now."

He just won't let it go. "It just amazes me that Iím not on somebodyís roster," the 41-year-old said. "You canít tell me Iím not better than some of the QBs that are out there. I look at teams like Minnesota or Chicago, and I want to scream at the people in charge, ĎWhat are you thinking?'" George is throwing and staying in shape, but seems unlikely to get a call this offseason.
Source: Yahoo Sports

http://www.rotoworld..._NFL.aspx?rwr=1

FlyingLandShark_zps8d2fb688.gif

#2 paper_bag

paper_bag

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Was that a rhetorical question or do you actually expect someone to disagree with you? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Don't feed the Calico.

#3 Locke

Locke

A Son OF Anarchy

• 9,570 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

What a waste of talent he was.

TIME TO BEEF UP THE DL

#4 saintnation27

saintnation27

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (paper_bag @ Mar 27 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was that a rhetorical question or do you actually expect someone to disagree with you? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

you never know with some of the ppl on this board tongue.gif

#5 Guest_rabbdogg_*

Guest_rabbdogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

shit jeff george's left nutt is better than brunnell and harrington put together

#6 saintnation27

saintnation27

• Members
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (rabbdogg @ Mar 28 2009, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shit jeff george's left nutt is better than brunnell and harrington put together

i seriously doubt that

#7 MTSaintsFan

MTSaintsFan

Hi-Tech Redneck

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

I have an autographed Jeff George card so.... I hope he makes a comeback and wins a Super Bowl. biggrin.gif
It's cold and windy. I can assure you.

#8 chRxis

chRxis

Dr. Klingman

• Members
  • 2,381 posts
  • Interests:INTELLIGENT conversation.... this is very hard to find, though

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

he's 41.... how much does he think he has in the tank.... just one hit from shawne merriman or demarcus ware would have him singing a different tune, i promise you....

i can see him now at like 60... he's gonna be down in florida or somewhere sunny, fishing, talking to the non-locals about the "good ole days" and how he would been the best ever if just one team would have gave him a chance, and then he starts into consipracy theories about why GM's/owners/coaches didn't want to give a shot....

sort of reminds me of uncle rico from napoleon dynamite.... "we woulda won state if the coach would have put me in in the 4th quarter"....

<i>The real question isn't whether you live or die... It is whether you really "live" or simply exist</i>

#9 Guest_rabbdogg_*

Guest_rabbdogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

brunnell is 39

#10 chRxis

chRxis

Dr. Klingman

• Members
  • 2,381 posts
  • Interests:INTELLIGENT conversation.... this is very hard to find, though

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

yes, but brunell hasn't been out of the league for multiple seasons, now has he? do you seriously contend that jeff george, who hasn't done anything in his career, which is over by the way, could now stage a come back at the age of 41?

i'm just saying it is laughable..... sure, he could catch on with a team, become their starter, and lead them to a championship, but then again hell could also freeze over simultaneously with pigs taking flight....
<i>The real question isn't whether you live or die... It is whether you really "live" or simply exist</i>

#11 BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Pro Bowl

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

I remember George having an absolute killer season in like '99 for the Vikings.........but I also remember him falling apart on a Monday Night game as QB of the Redskins in 2001, which pretty much ended his career.

#12 Guest_rabbdogg_*

Guest_rabbdogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

i also remember jeff george being pretty damn good once he got away from the colts and i remember brunnell has been washed up for atleast the last 5 seasons and i remember harrington being garbage EVERYWHERE he has been...i'm not saying george would win a championship, i'm say right now at 41 and not playing for umpteen years he's better than brunnell AND harrington.

#13 Northshore Saint

Northshore Saint

All-Pro

• Site Supporter
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (rabbdogg @ Apr 1 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i also remember jeff george being pretty damn good once he got away from the colts and i remember brunnell has been washed up for atleast the last 5 seasons and i remember harrington being garbage EVERYWHERE he has been...i'm not saying george would win a championship, i'm say right now at 41 and not playing for umpteen years he's better than brunnell AND harrington.

Bull. No way Jeff George is better than both of them at his age and after being out of football for so long. I doubt George could even make it through training camp. Not to mention the guy was a statue in the pocket, I can't imagine how bad his mobility would be now. Brunell might not be the scrambler he one was, but he can still move better than George ever could.
Posted Image

#14 Guest_rabbdogg_*

Guest_rabbdogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

yeah but playing QB is not all about moving..it's about throwing that football...and brunnell without his legs(which is what he is now) is poo-poo...and harrington NEVER WAS anything except garbage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users