#1 rachaldenise

rachaldenise

Hooker with a heart of gold

• Site Supporter
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

Body of ballooning Brazilian priest found at sea

Tue Jul 29, 9:12 PM ET

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - The body of a Brazilian priest who floated out over the ocean suspended by hundreds of helium-filled party balloons, has been found off the coast of southeastern Brazil, police have confirmed.

Roman Catholic priest Adelir Antonio de Carli, 42, flies in ...

Roman Catholic priest Adelir Antonio de Carli, 42, flies in a harness-like seat suspended from 1,000 balloons of various colors in the southern port of Paranagua April 20, 2008.

(Handout/Reuters)

The corpse of Father Adelir Antonio de Carli was spotted by a tugboat at sea near the city of Macae, three months after he disappeared while flying a contraption buoyed by balloons over the Atlantic Ocean in a fund-raising stunt.

"We were almost certain that it was the priest due to various elements, such as the clothes and material used in the balloon trip," Macae's chief of police, Daniel Bandeira, said on Monday. "The DNA only confirmed our suspicions."

The priest disappeared on April 20 after he called friends from his mobile phone to say he was about to crash into the ocean.

He staged the stunt to help raise money for a chapel for truckers in his highway parish.

(Reporting by Rodrigo Viga Gaier; Writing by Ana Nicolaci da Costa)

Attached File  post_1317949_1217477889_med.jpg   14.87KB   0 downloads

Posted Image

#2 chaud

chaud

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,112 posts
  • Interests:ahh pretty much everything

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

lol shouldn't god have saved him?
Richard Griffin, meanwhile, bones his wife at the baseball meetings and makes babies with her like a real man, goddammit.

everything is good and it's gonna be that way forever

#3 J3R3MY

J3R3MY

Are we better on Defense??

• Members
  • 3,404 posts
  • Interests:Going Fishing, Going to Saints games, working in my garden, having fun with my family, Playing Playstation 3, MADDEN!!!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (chaud @ Jul 31 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah free will...
Posted Image
<br>
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Guest_rabbdogg_*

Guest_rabbdogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:51 AM

bible says god helps those that help themselves....

and 3 months is a long time for a body to be out to sea and they find it...i was sure sharks had eaten that dude just about as soon as he went down...wow

#5 Zimpel Man

Zimpel Man

I'm smiling inside

• 13,541 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (rabbdogg @ Aug 1 2008, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and 3 months is a long time for a body to be out to sea and they find it...i was sure sharks had eaten that dude just about as soon as he went down...wow

I'm sure there wasn't much left, thus the need for DNA testing.

Horrible way to go.
I'd love to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my #&@. - Anonymous Cajun
When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross. – Attributed to Sinclair Lewis
What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents. - Robert F. Kennedy

#6 chaud

chaud

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,112 posts
  • Interests:ahh pretty much everything

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

the bible also quotes jesus in matthew 18:19

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven..."

pretty sure he was prayin at some point.
Richard Griffin, meanwhile, bones his wife at the baseball meetings and makes babies with her like a real man, goddammit.

everything is good and it's gonna be that way forever

#7 SF4L

SF4L

Rookie

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

Without getting too into this. If he accepted Jesus Christ then he was saved. But I would say that if he had really been doing God's will he would have probably found another way to raise the money, or at least planned it better. It seems pretty misguided to attempt a stunt like this IMO.

Proverbs 14:12

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

QUOTE (rabbdogg @ Aug 1 2008, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought that was Ben Franklin, not the Bible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users